8 Ways to Make Your Company More Valuable
Have you considered selling your business? Or, are you already set on selling?
How long does it take to get your business to sell? Most of the time, when you want to sell, it is not the right time. If you are struggling with cash flow and profit, it is not the right time to sell.
Here are a few reasons why you want your business to be more “sellable.”
- A buyer swoops in and makes an offer you might not want to refuse. You want leverage to get the best price possible.
- You’re ready to move on to your next project or business idea.
- You want to know where your business stands right now in the market (Have you been successful compared to your competitors?)
Whatever your reason is, you want to sell your business when the time comes and make the most money from it! Therefore, a crucial part of selling your company is optimizing your business’s market value.
Here are the top 8 steps you need to take to increase your market value.
1. Determine Market Potential
2. Improve Customer Loyalty
3. Grow Revenue and Margin
4. Increase Efficiencies and Productivity
5. Invest in High-ROI Projects
6. Optimize Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
7. Consider Partnerships and Other Opportunities
8. Forecast and Reevaluate Quarterly
Are you interested in learning some key questions to ask for all 8 of these areas? Download a PDF of a list of questions that help you know if you are doing what you need to do to increase market value.